Closing a bug removes it from the sprint, can this stop?

Haseeb N May 21, 2016

In our Agile board when we close a bug which was created in a specifc sprint it is removed from the sprint and is not assigned to that sprint anymore (which it still should be). How would you set it up so it does not matter what status the bug is in, it always stays in the sprint it was created in (eg. to see correct information in burndown chart)?

I do have administrator rights, so I can change configuration should it be necessary.

Any help is appreciated smile.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2016

JIRA Software doesn't do that.  Changing the status of an issue does not normally affect the issue sprint data. Your process for "closing a bug" must have been modified to explicitly clear the sprint field.

I assume by "closing a bug", you mean you go into the issue and transition it, so go have a look at the workflow, it sounds like you have a post-function for "clear sprint field"

Haseeb N May 23, 2016

Hi Nic

Thank you for your answer. It looked like when transitioning the bug to status close the screen didnt contain any information regarding the sprint. So I added that and now it looks like it is working smile 

Suggest an answer