Closed tickets

Clare Pollard October 14, 2019

I am fairly new to Jira so apologies if this has been answered already and I have tried to use the search option but cannot find an answer.

Is there a report that can be extracted to show who closed a ticket rather than a date? Resolved tickets also show the date instead of the name of the person who closed the tickets.

Is there a way for the report to view as name?

Thank you

2 answers

1 vote
laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2019

Hello Clare,

If your are using Cloud, you can create a custom field of type user, and store the information of who did that transition with a postfunction in the workflow.

If you are using server you will need an app for this, you can create the user field but you have no way of populating it. A free solution would be putting in the assignee when it is closed the persons who did it. You will always know that the assignee is the closer person.
But if you are already using the assignee for the person who did the job, and want another user field for the person that closed it. There a a lot of apps for workflows and automations like this, you will have to choose which one has more functionality that you need.
Ej.
Scriptrunner if you have scripting team and can manage doing things in groovy.
Jira Suite Utilities or Workflow tool box if you just want things related to workflows.
Automation if you want to automate more things happening on their own.

REgards

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2019

In keeping with @laralg I suggest only the assignee can close the issue and do not change the assignee after closing. It provides the historical data you're looking for. Since it is closed (resolved) the issue will not appear in the assigned to me built in search. 

Suggest an answer