Closed ticket email notifications show wrong user

Deleted user April 13, 2018

Whoever makes a change or closes a ticket in our service desk project the information in the notification email will show that one specific user did the changed regardless of who actually did it.

For example my user is called Frans and I close a ticket

The customer will recieve a notification via email from "it@dintur.atlassian.net" but it will say another user called Susanna updated the ticket and changed its status

Susanna was the user who setup the service desk but I, Frans, am now the owner of the project.

I'll attach an image with an example of the notification mail.

jira.jpg

3 answers

0 votes
Stephen Procter February 9, 2021

I have looked at this and still cannot fathom this out. When a ticket is logged we get a notification from "John Doe (Jira) <jira@companyname.atlassian.net>" I have no automation set up so where is this user name coming from and how do I change it?

0 votes
Stephen Bell March 5, 2019

As @[deleted] says, in project settings (bottom left when your in the prproje) go to automation, then you will see the default user in the top left.

Then edit each individ rule (choose edit then the top right menu). And select 'run as' and change that)

Thanks , hope that helps

0 votes
Deleted user April 13, 2018

Hi @[deleted],

I think this might be due to the Automation rules setting, please check who the default event user is. The option can be found the in the Automation section of your Service Desk project.

Hope this helps

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events