Closed linked issues from another assignee

qq qq May 6, 2013

Hi all!

I have 2 linked issue: task-1 -> dev-1. task-1 from user and has assignee - Ivanov, dev-1 has assignee - Petrov(developer). When Petrov closes issue, notify of the user comes from Petrov. But I want that notify comes from Ivanov. Any idea ?:)

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
qq qq May 6, 2013

Yeah, sorry for missing info)

Ok, thanks for your attention, I think about script :)

0 votes
qq qq May 6, 2013

My tasks is in different projects. I think possible correct template of notification. And then I can on an issue actions add my event with my template. :)

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2013

ok different Projects (info was missing) allow you to setup different notification schemes. this is correct.

but what will remain the same is the fact that the notifications will be fired by transition postfunctions per workflow step.

the user that makes changes to the issue will be the one that appears in "From:"

so if UserA will update an issue there is no way (as far as i know) that a notification will be send about the change where "From:" is a different user.

you may need to script something here to change this.

0 votes
qq qq May 6, 2013

I hope I can correct template of notifications. I thought maybe someone has the experience.

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2013

you won't be able to modify the notification scheme so that jira will send a notification "From: Ivanov" on an event that "Petrov" triggered.

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2013

hi.

i don't think jira will send notifications on issue actions on behalf of other users than the ones performing the actions

Suggest an answer