[Closed] ldap error in atlassian-jira.log file

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2014

For each event Jira is putting below errors in log file however everyone is able to login to jira and perform the required operations.

2014-06-20 08:41:48,442 /secure/QuickEditIssue.jspa [commons.ivm.routines.LDAPUserRoutine] LDAPUserRecord: NO LDAP QUERY ?

2014-06-20 08:41:48,633 /secure/QuickEditIssue.jspa [commons.ivm.routines.LDAPUserRoutine] Cannot access LDAP. Please review the configuration.

Any idea what is went wrong?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2014

LDAP was wrongly configured for katl-commons addon

0 votes
Pedro Souza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2014

Have you restarted your instance after fixing the problem?

I believe it will stop flooding the log after the restart.

Cheers.

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 19, 2014

I have not changed anything in my instance. The same LDAP credentials which were used for some other purpose.

Still do I need to restart it?

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2014

will it cause to increase permgen?

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 9, 2014

I have restarted the server still logs are flooding.

Any idea why?

0 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 19, 2014

It seems like a temporary issue when trying to access the LDAP Server. Please check the resolution on this KB and keep monitoring if the message shows again: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Resolving+LDAP+Connection+Problems

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 19, 2014

It is poping up from last 3 days.

Someone was using wrong credentials to logon to LDAP/AD - is this a reason. We got that fixed yesterday however still error are poping up.

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2014

will it cause to increase permgen?

Suggest an answer