Closed items not showing as 'resolved'

Gregory Bisssett August 6, 2013

I'm using JIRA onDemand, and when an issue is set to closed it still appears in all lists.

Is there any way to mark an issue as 'Resolved' as soon as the workflow status is changed to 'closed'?

thanks,

Greg

4 answers

0 votes
Gregory Bisssett August 13, 2013

IS there anyway to do this if i'm using the workflows through Greenhopper?

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2013

I don't know this GreenHopper workflow, but if there is a transition to Closed you could use a postfunction (Peters answer) or a validator (Rambanams answer) .

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2013

another way is add the Resolution field on closed screen and make it mandatory by using field requuire validator, which is on JSU plugin and it is free and pre-installed on your OnDemand instance.

https://jsutil.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JSUTIL/JIRA+Suite+Utilities+Workflow+Validators

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 6, 2013

I order to show as Resolved it must have a resolution different from Empty (or in other words unresolved)

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2013

You could use a workflow post function to set the resolution on the close transistion in your workflow, but that would have an impact on all issues and your resolution would always be the same.

Gregory Bisssett August 6, 2013

That's ok if all resolutions are the same, how do i do that please?

Is it possible to do in the OnDemand version of JIRA?

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 6, 2013

Use post function "Update issue Field", select Resolution as Issue Field and whatever Resolution (e.g Fixed) as Field value and add it to the transition

Suggest an answer