Closed issue shows up in "Open Issues"

Steve Lorimer December 15, 2017

I am using Jira cloud.

I have opened my project page, and selected to view Open Issues.

As can be seen in the below screenshot, an issue which is marked Closed is showing up.

jira-open-issues.png

Why is this closed issue showing up?

How can I close the issue, thereby preventing it from showing up in the Open issues page?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2017

Hello,

You need to set the Resolution field for the issues. Kindly read a similair question and the answers

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Done-issues-aren-t-shown-as-crossed-out/qaq-p/687203

@Alexey Matveev thanks for the quick reply!

How do I set a resolution?

I changed the status to Done, but can't set a resolution.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2017

You need either

1. Set a screen with the resolution field for  the transition to the status Done. Then when you transition to the Done status you can choose resolution.

2. Add the Update Issue Field post function to the transition to the Done status and update there the resolution field to the required resolution.

Thank you!

Brian Janiszewski August 28, 2019

For those completely lost when they find this ticket like myself. See here, and watch the video: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-issues-need-a-resolution-826873869.html

You have to change the properties of the transitions. I know it says it above but I wanted to be more explicit and clear. 

Suggest an answer