Closed epics in search list

Антон Жидков August 15, 2018

Have a trouble with huge number of closed epics which appear when I try to find an open epic. I have to write down the whole name of it for find faster. I looked through a lot of topics but none of them helped. Have any thoughts about it?

All epics have resolution "Done".

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Антон Жидков September 1, 2022

Support helped me.
When I change Field Resolution field Epic Status was always Open. The issue was that I marked as done wrong field. To close Epic as done I had to change Epic Status field.

So I've change Workflow: added Post Functions on the step when I transitioned issue from status "In Progress" to "Closed". Post Function - Change issue field "Epic Status" to Done. It helped and resolved my problem.

I hope, it will be useful for someone else.

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2018

Hello @Антон Жидков

Are you facing this issue while trying the search using the JQL, in that case can you share your JQL.

Also, when you try to link story to epics using epic link then you see a long list of epics, there you have the checkbox "Show done epics" and clicking on this epic will show done epics as well in the drop-down and you can deselect this option if you don't want to see done epics in the selection list. 

Антон Жидков August 15, 2018

It doesn't help. Still can see done epics. And I can't mark at as done.
Have this Error "This issue cannot be edited because of its workflow status." - resolution in all epics - Done.

Suggest an answer