Closed JIRA -> Update Fix Version

Chris Mylonas April 23, 2012

Cannot edit closed JIRAs to update the Fix Version.

Can it be done through the database to update a field or two with an SQL query?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2012

I think you'd be far safer either

1. Reopening the issue, fixing and closing

2. Creating a temp workflow transition to reopen it to resolved, fix and close

Not sure if you already do this, but I recommend NOT closing issues until the version is done and dusted (possibly even archived etc..) Then bulk close, that way you get a chance to do some cleanup like you are doing

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2012

A similar question here

Thank you Renjith. I have the default workflow - because my JIRA installation is only small (for me) I will just adjust my "Issue Closing" habits for now rather than learn more of the workflow stuff - it looks like a worthy part to explore when I have more time :)

Cheers

0 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2012

I think you'd be far safer either

1. Reopening the issue, fixing and closing

2. Creating a temp workflow transition to reopen it to resolved, fix and close

Not sure if you already do this, but I recommend NOT closing issues until the version is done and dusted (possibly even archived etc..) Then bulk close, that way you get a chance to do some cleanup like you are doing

However, if you DO want to mark it in the database the table is jiraissue and the column is fixfor

mate that is an excellent tip looking forward - thank you very much!

and for the sql - handy for next time... i only had 45 issues to painfully reopen fixfor resolve close :) about 150 notifications in my inbox.

Suggest an answer