Close sprint

kA October 13, 2014

Hi Friends,

I have created the filter with two project and create the board. Then  i have created the sprint with some task and work on it in last few weeks. Then i tried to close sprint now, then it is display the message like" you will need the project administration permission to update the sprint" and list out four project. But i mentioned only two project in filter and i'm also have the admin permission to those projects too. But it shows the message like that. 

Can you please help me on this,

Thanks in advance,

Karthik A.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2014

Could you give us the full filter definition from the board config screen?  (Feel free to change/hide the names of the projects, but give us the exact text of the rest of it)

kA October 13, 2014

Hi Nic,

Please find the filter text below:

project in (project1,project2) AND (component in (component1, component2) OR

labels in (label1, label2)) AND "Project Release" in (2010,2013)

ORDER BY Rank ASC

Thanks,

Karthik.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2014

Your filter includes all your projects. The first two clauses are fine, but you've mistaken where you are joining them. What your filter actually says is: project in (project1,project2) AND (component in (component1, component2) OR labels in (label1, label2)) AND "Project Release" in (2010,2013) To put that in a more human way: project in (project1,project2) AND (component in (component1, component2) OR ANY project where (labels in (label1, label2)) AND "Project Release" in (2010,2013)) I would change your filter to: project in (project1,project2) AND ( (component in (component1, component2) OR labels in (label1, label2)) AND "Project Release" in (2010,2013) ) Noting the extra brace after the first AND and at the end of it. That will limit you to the two projects.

kA October 13, 2014

Hi Nic, But my filter does not list out any tasks from project3 and project4. Even though it is require the admin permission for those project while trying to close the sprint. Thanks, Karthik.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 13, 2014

But your filter is still for "all projects". It does not matter whether the results contain anything, what matters is what projects the filter COULD return. And you've said "all of them". So you either need admin on ALL projects, or you need to limit the filter to the ones you actually want to include in the board.

Suggest an answer