Close parent via status of any 1 subtask

Dylan George August 11, 2016

Parent assignment has subtasks. Subtasks can either be Approved or Rejected. How can I make it so the parent task can be closed ONLY if ANY 1 subtask is approved?

******************************************Approve is a workflow status

2 answers

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2016

Is approve a workflow status or a custom field? 

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2016

Conditions must be set in the workflow to allow the outcome of what you want with your subtasks.

Hope the link will be helpful

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/preventing-issues-from-being-closed-while-their-sub-task-are-still-open-724928276.html

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2016

The condition is actually called "Sub-Task Blocking Condition" if that helps at all. 

Dylan George August 11, 2016

Thank you, yes I see this blocking condition. However, I can only find the option to close the parent task if ALL the subtasks are Approved. I want to ability to have engineers submit subtasks from a parent, my team Approve or Reject, and only when 1 subtask is Approved will the parent close.

Suggest an answer