Close items still showing on back log but issue id number not "struck through"

Alex Harrison December 12, 2018

I have a story that has been marked "Closed" on the Kanban as you can see  in the screen shot.

On the Kan ban the issue ID number is crossed out - I am assuming this tells me it is closed.

However on the Backlog the issue type is still showing but the issue ID is not crossed out.

This is confusing, as I have "assumed" (and I know one never should!) that by striking through the issue ID it indicates it is closed.

I am very new to JiRA so please forgive if this is a basic misundertsanding on how it works. THanks.

Backlog Closed Issue.jpgKanBan CLosed issue.jpgand the 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2018

Hello,

If an issue is crossed out, then resolution is set for the Issue. 

Set the resolution field for the issue, which is not crossed out,  and this issue will become crossed out.

Alex Harrison December 12, 2018

Hi Alexey

Thank you for this.  I am not sure how/where I would do this.  Is this something the administrator would have to do?

THanks ALex

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2018

There must be a transition leading to the closed status. You should add to this transition a screen with the Resolution field or set resolution automatically.

Only administrator can do it.

Like Alex Harrison likes this

Suggest an answer