Close issues from the "Release" button

Dan Langer March 26, 2013

When I have a bunch of issues in Resolved, and want to issue a release, my workflow is as follows:

1. On a Kanban RapidBoard that I have set up for release management, press the "Release" button and enter a release name.
  2. Navigate to the project page, then the versions section, then the newest version, then the release notes section
  3. Copy the release notes into my email client, and send a message to my internal release announcement list with that as the body.
  4. Navigate to the filters screen, and open up a saved filter for all Resolved issues in my project
  5. Bulk transition all the issues in that filter to Closed.

This is a bunch of steps, which seem like they could be at least partially automated (at the least, having the Release button close the issues in that version). Any suggestions to have Jira do some number of these steps for me?

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2013

No. There's no customization for JIRA Ondemand.

Aaron Rohrbacher June 17, 2019

@Dan Langer Were you ever able to find a better solution here? I'm in the same boat, though I simply want to automagically mark issues as resolved on release.

Suggest an answer