Close issue screen with custom message not working

I am trying to create a message box to show up telling people that they can't reopen an issue when it is closed. I have tried to create a Message Custom Field (for edit) and then add html to the default value of this custom field.

I added the code below that I saw on someone elses' question.

<div class="aui-message info shadowed"><p class="title"><span class="aui-icon icon-info"></span>Test text</p></div>

When I add this to the default field it just shows as text, do I need to add something else to be able to enter html.

Thanks

Hannah

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes
Jason Worley Atlassian Team Jan 21, 2014

Its not clear where you are doing this. Ensure you are adding a custom field here:

https://<your-ondemand-instance>/secure/admin/ViewCustomFields.jspa

Note: When you click Add Custom Field a list of available options will be presented. I believe you can just chose a multi-line text box and not worry about the HTML.

This is explained in more detail here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Adding+a+Custom+Field

I have added a custom field from a plugin so that I can have an alert message. It appears in the normal way on the custom field opttions. When I add the code to the default value it disappears.

Is there anyway of making an alert before a transition? I have added a read only custom field at the moment.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

22,113 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you