Close code tag in JIRA comment section

Mukhlisz Rofdzi January 2, 2019

Whenever I type any close coding tag "</", the comment section will automatically change the comment layout to the older version. Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2019

Hello Mukhlisz,

Thank you for getting in touch with Atlassian Community!
Just for us to better understand and help you with this issue, can you please let us know if you are using Jira Server or Cloud?
What is the project type where this issue is happening? Is it Software, Service Desk or a Business project?
Would it be possible to send us a screenshot of how it looks before and after adding the close coding tag?

Regards,
Angélica

Mukhlisz Rofdzi January 3, 2019

Hi Angelica,

Thank you for looking up on this issue. I'm using the JIRA Server and this issue happens on the Service Desk.

Normal comment (new layout JIRA update) would look like this:

JIRA1.PNGI enter the close code tag like below and press Enter:JIRA2.PNGThen the comment layout automatically changed to the older layout.JIRA3.PNG

Regards,

Mukhlisz

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2019

Hi Mukhlisz,

I've tried to reproduce this issue here, but nothing happens after I press enter.
What is your Jira version? Maybe it's different than the one I was testing.
What is the browser that you are using? Have you tested using another one?
Can you please open the developer tools on the browser to check if something appears when the editor changes?
Also, can you test Jira in safe mode? This will help us to confirm if some add-on may be causing this issue.
- Disabling and enabling apps

Regards,
Angélica

Mukhlisz Rofdzi January 8, 2019

Hi Angélica,

Actually, after you put '</>' as comment, you click back to the first space before '<' and then press Enter.

JIRA4.PNG
Currently, I'm using Atlassian Jira Project Management Software v7.12.3 and Google Chrome. I have tried it on Internet Explore and same problem still occurs.

When I open it using Developer Tools, element

<div class="aui-dropdown2 aui-style-default aui-layer aui-dropdown2-sub-menu" id="wi-structure-link-content" data-aui-dropdown2-ajax-key="wi-structure-link" resolved="" aria-hidden="true"></div>

will generate additional sub-element as below:

<div class="ul-aui-list" style="display:none"></div>

<div class="ul-aui-list" style="display:none"></div>

Lastly, I could not test Jira in safe mode because the instruction below can't be performed. I cannot find  from the top navigation bar.

From the top navigation bar in your application, choose > Add-ons or Manage apps

Thanks and regards,

Mukhlisz

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
January 15, 2019

Hi Mukhlisz,

Thank you for the details.
We have tested here using the same version, but we are still not able to replicate.
As you can't find the cog icon, it means that you are not an administrator, so we will need their help.
Can you please talk to your admin to confirm what is the Jira Service Desk version and which add-ons are installed on the instance?
If possible, ask them to test in safe mode, they have access to that cog icon menu.

Once we have this information, it will help us to use the same scenario to replicate the issue.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer