Cloning issues from JIRA to JIRA

Hello,
I'm hyun and an administrator of JIRA.
I have to move issues from JIRA1 to JIRA2.
(It means that i have to find the way to move jira issue from
jira.aaa.com to jira.bbb.com)

In fact, two companies are using JIRA separately, and now
we try to merge in one JIRA.

Anyone can help me know how to clone issues from JIRA to JIRA?

5 answers

Hi,

we've developed a new product enabling issue synchronization between two or more JIRA instances, with the project name "Backbone". Backbone can be used for B2B integration scenarios as well as for internal/external instance scenarios. The intended communication channel is REST, however Mail, File and other communication channels which are often required for B2B scenarios are also supported.

Backbone supports the synchronization of:

• Issues
  • Subtasks
  • Fields
  • Attachments
  • Comments

Backbone 1.x is available since about 2 years - it is used in large scale B2B integrations supported by our professional services team. As a Atlassian Marketplace vendor we know that complex products such as Backbone should be easy to configure and use without external support. Backbone 2.0 will be released on the Atlassian Marketplace by end of the year focusing on a new user experience (and of course features).

There's a slide deck about Backbone on slideshare, please feel free to have a look: Bridging the Gap - B2B Integration for JIRA

If you are interested in using Backbone before availability on Atlassian Marketplace please contact our professional services team at sales@k15t.com.

Cheers,
Nils

Thanks for your reply Nils. I wanted to know that is it possible to synchronize project's configuration with your product? I have to move all custom fields and permission themes and etc from one jira instance to other jira instance.

Hello Hyun-

Backbone should be able to perform the exact JIRA project synchronization functions you require. It is now available on the Atlassian Marketplace, so you can try it for free for yourself here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.k15t.backbone.backbone-issue-sync/server/overview

Cheers,

-Davin

Hi,

Backbone is only to synchronize your data.

However, you could also have a look at the Configuration Manager for JIRA, I think that should meet your requirements, as it's designed to roll out JIRA configuration from one system to another.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Nils

Are you trying to sync them or migrate from instance to another?

Hello, I'm trying to migrate from instance to instance(server based JIRA to server based JIRA)

There are several ways:

Thanks, Gabrielle, Using CSV importer can not import issue's comments and attached files. So I will try second and third way! Thank you :-)

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Amir Kazemi
Posted an hour ago in Jira

We want to know what Jira Service Desk apps you're using!

Hi Community! My name is Amir and I’m on the Jira Service Desk product marketing team at Atlassian. Our team would love to understand how you’re leveraging our ecosystem for Jira Service Desk. Wha...

9 views 0 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you