Cloning: issue order

Dear Atlassian Community, 

I have problem: Cloning don't follow issue order (Issue Key). It's just relative random sequence during cloning. :-( This messes up the issue order.

I choose only 1 issue type - XRAY Test Cases.

Non official document says, it should follow the Issue Key order during clone. But it doesn't.

https://documentation.codefortynine.com/deep-clone-for-jira/order-of-issues-keys-of-the-cloned-issues 

Any suggestions?

(I have 91 issues, which is quite a lot.)

Thanks in advance, 

Akos

3 answers

0 votes

Actually, I tried to clone two times. Once, the "source" Issue list was not Ordered. Then the result was reveres to the Issue Keys. Like in the below forum thread:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/When-I-clone-including-subtasks-the-subtasks-reverse-in-order/qaq-p/1531050

The second time, I ordered the source Issue list by Issue Key to be sure. Then the result order was worse (looked totally random).

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 13, 2022

Welcome to the community, @Nagy_ Akos C_ _Nokia - HU_Budapest_.

I am Marlene from codefortynine.

Your link is not an Atlassian documentation link, but from the documentation of our Marketplace app Deep Clone for Jira.

Our app is only available for Jira cloud. I assume that your problem cannot be related to our app, because you added the tag "server" to this community post. Deep Clone for Jira is not available for Jira server.

Yes. It's not Deep Clone. Apologies. That was the only document I found in 10 min search on google related to the topic.

I'm using a simple, basic built-in JIRA Clone functionality.

Again, apologies for confusion!

Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 14, 2022

Absolutely no problem, @Nagy_ Akos C_ _Nokia - HU_Budapest_. :) 

If you ever move to Jira cloud, we at codefortynine would be honored if you check out Deep Clone for Jira.

I hope you find a solution for your issue soon. Have a nice week.

0 votes

Funny/strange, that after Bulk Clone operation finish, the issues are in the proper (original) order in the Issue Navigator. But they are not ordered by Issue Key.

Suggest an answer