Cloning Tests in Zephyr

JoshM November 8, 2015

Hi, 

I am trying to clone tests I have already created as many of the test cases share multiple steps, however, when I clone the test the test steps are not carried across. 

I have managed to do this on a couple of occasions although this is not happening consistently. Is there a setting that needs to be changed in order to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Josh

4 answers

1 vote
Peter Thwaites November 8, 2015

Hi Raksha

I'm Peter, Josh's workmate. He can't respond as he has to wait 24 hours because of some blog rule (as will I after I send this). 

The answer to your question is Yes, we are using Zephyr for JIRA Cloud version.

rgds

Peter

0 votes
Raksha S N November 8, 2015

Thanks for the updates Peter.

Please access the below link and confirm whether you have the Clone Link Type 'Cloners'  under Issue Linking page or not ? If not please create a new link type with the proper values specified in the following link. 

https://support.getzephyr.com/hc/en-us/articles/205696355-Test-steps-are-not-cloned-in-Zephyr-For-JIRA-Cloud

Thanks & Regards,

Zephyr Support

0 votes
darrenpegg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2015

From memory I think you need to make sure the the Zephyr Test issue type is associated to the project..

image2015-11-9 6:9:51.png

0 votes
Raksha S N November 8, 2015

Hello Josh,

Please confirm are you using Zephyr for JIRA Server/Cloud version? 

Thanks & Regards,

Zephyr Support

Suggest an answer