Clone project with plugin schemes

Jeremy Mairose September 28, 2017

Im having trouble being able to find something or some way of cloning projects that use schemes from plugins/add-ons. I use Field security and Smart Attachments which both use schemes in the project settings.

Is there an add-on cabable of doing this, or some way of doing it with Rest API. I tried script runner and CLI but nothing was working the way I want it to.  

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2017

Currently this isn't possible. Plugins designate project configs in individual ways; The Plugin Store doesn't have a concept of "projects".

You might consider trying to grog the database structure, inserting the correct records, and restarting the application/clearing caches.

It appears that Smart Attachments can be managed via script: https://docs.stiltsoft.com/display/public/CATAT/Managing+Attachment+Categories+via+REST+API Perhaps you can script the categories.

Jeremy Mairose September 28, 2017

I have tried the Rest API management for smart attachments but that doesn't make it quick an easy when making thousands of projects, with that method im still spending hours setting it up for all projects. Is it possible to contact jira and see if its possible for them to add in that funtion, Im also waiting for a reply from adaptive script runner to see if they can come up with some script capable of doing that.    

Suggest an answer