Clone issue to subtask in post-function

Thomas Heidenreich (//S) September 17, 2014

We currently want to archive issues as read-only subtasks before reopening them. I planned to use the Create on Transition for that, but as the issue has >50 custom fields (which are subject to change) this seems not useable.

@Bob Swift [Bob Swift Atlassian Add-ons] Is there a possibility to give wildcards in the "Copy parent issue custom fields" parameter?

Any other suggestions are welcome!

As a last resort I would write a script-runner script for it...

Thanks in advance
Thomas 

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2014
0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2014

Other possibility is using Script Runner. You don't need to write a script because already has a postfunction called clone issue and links (you can skip the link part).

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2014

No, its not currently possible. Are you looking to copy all or perhaps a regex selection? Or just a simple end generic (cust*)?

CSOT-248 was created to cover this requirement.

Thomas Heidenreich (//S) September 17, 2014

I want to copy all fields, a cust* would do... (In the end I want a clone with a subtask as target)

Suggest an answer