Clone issue and the current status of workflow

Elmer Victor February 15, 2013

Hi,

We're currently evaluating JIRA 5.2.5 download

Using the clone facility, is there a way to also clone the current status of the workflow?If none on the existing JIRA installed, any available plugin?

Use Case:

We have a workflow like below:

Create Issue -> Dept Head Approval -> Proj Manager Review -> Assign to Developer -> Development in Progress -> UAT -> Production

Say we execute the following:

Create Issue - Approved by Department Head - Project Manager's review - Then clone this Proj Manager's review.

The worlfow of the cloned issue should be on that same level as the original issue.

Thanks

Elmer

1 answer

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2013

Doubtful without a plugin.

What you can do is to directly give a transition in your workflow to move from first status to the Dev Progess status for some power users.

Elmer Victor February 15, 2013

Hi Renjith

Thanks for your immediate respone. But how can I or the power user can do that?

Sorry, as I'm just new to JIRA.

Regards,

Elmer

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2013

I meant, add a transition and protect the transition using a Condition so that only a very limited set of people (say if the user is a member of a group) can use it to directly move the issue to the required state. Please read

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow#ConfiguringWorkflow-Applyingconditionstotransitions

Suggest an answer