Clone and Move

Cindy Creswick January 13, 2014

When using the Clone and Move add-on, the Cloned issue's Summary contains the prefix, "CLONE-" even though that is not the prefix that is setup in the jira.clone.prefix global parameter. I have removed the 'CLONE-" from this parameter (it is now blank) as we do not want the cloned issue Summary to be prefixed. Should this add-on respect the jira.clone.prefix parameter?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2014

Have you tried to contacting the vendor? I would suggest that first. If that doesn't help, consider Clone Plus Plugin for JIRA. By default, it does not append a prefix or can be customized including the initial summary field.

0 votes
Ubisoft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2014

Ah ok sorry, I didn't know that you are using the Clone and Move plugin.

Well, sadly i don't think it's possible to change that, it's part of the plugin itself, and since this plugin does not have a configuration/options menu, the only way to change that would be to modify the plugin code itself.

0 votes
Ubisoft
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2014

It should work, just tested it myself. Did you try to reboot the instance, maybe that could help?

Cindy Creswick January 15, 2014

Hello:

Thank you for testing this in your system, but this is still not working for me.

The jira.clone.prefix parameter is set to blank.

When I access the issue that I want to 'Clone and Move', I select the 'Clone and move this issue' option from the More button. I see the following:

Summary: CLONE - Idea Issue for Demonstrating the Clone and Move Add On

When I access the 'Clone' option from the More button, I see the following:

Summary: Idea Issue for Demonstrating the Clone and Move Add On

The standard Clone option is working, but the addon, 'Clone and Move' is still displaying "CLONE-" in the Summary field.

I did reboot the instance and this did not correct the issue.

I am using JIRA 6.0 and the version of the 'Clone and Move' addon is at version 2.2.

Suggest an answer