When using the Clone and Move add-on, the Cloned issue's Summary contains the prefix, "CLONE-" even though that is not the prefix that is setup in the jira.clone.prefix global parameter. I have removed the 'CLONE-" from this parameter (it is now blank) as we do not want the cloned issue Summary to be prefixed. Should this add-on respect the jira.clone.prefix parameter?

3 answers

1 accepted

Have you tried to contacting the vendor? I would suggest that first. If that doesn't help, consider Clone Plus Plugin for JIRA. By default, it does not append a prefix or can be customized including the initial summary field.

It should work, just tested it myself. Did you try to reboot the instance, maybe that could help?

Hello:

Thank you for testing this in your system, but this is still not working for me.

The jira.clone.prefix parameter is set to blank.

When I access the issue that I want to 'Clone and Move', I select the 'Clone and move this issue' option from the More button. I see the following:

Summary: CLONE - Idea Issue for Demonstrating the Clone and Move Add On

When I access the 'Clone' option from the More button, I see the following:

Summary: Idea Issue for Demonstrating the Clone and Move Add On

The standard Clone option is working, but the addon, 'Clone and Move' is still displaying "CLONE-" in the Summary field.

I did reboot the instance and this did not correct the issue.

I am using JIRA 6.0 and the version of the 'Clone and Move' addon is at version 2.2.

Ah ok sorry, I didn't know that you are using the Clone and Move plugin.

Well, sadly i don't think it's possible to change that, it's part of the plugin itself, and since this plugin does not have a configuration/options menu, the only way to change that would be to modify the plugin code itself.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,128 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot