Clone Issue action showed me an empty Clone: dialog box

Hung Nguyen September 18, 2015

I'm using JIRA 6.3.8 on a Windows server.

And I didn't configure to change or disable Clone. When a user opens an issue and click on More --> Clone, this is what he gets:

2015-09-18_CloneIssue.png

And from here, there is nothing he can do except clicking Back button from the browser to get out of this issue viewing screen, or just kill the browser.

What would be the missing configuration here?

Thanks

Hung

3 answers

0 votes
Hung Nguyen September 29, 2015

I found out the reason:

• I had a script in the Announcement Banner which disables the Assign button, and it referred to the id 'assign-issue' and hi de this.
  •  The Clone Issue screen when popped up also has an 'assign-issue' element and this was also made hidden.

The solution now is to ensure in my custom script to hide only the 'assign-issue' with the correct type as the Assign button only. And it works fine.

So mystery resolved!

0 votes
Hung Nguyen September 21, 2015

Hi Taha,

Thank you for responding on this.

• The only Required fields for this project are:
    • IssueType
    • Epic Name (which we don't use even in the original issue, but we can not turn this off)
    • Reporter
    • Summary
  • The only validator required field is Components

I verified that all these fields are set (except Epic Name was not included in any of the screen) and the original bug was added into JIRA before without problem, then why cloning to create new got the error?

And when I tried to Clone issues in other projects, the Clone screen seemed to display correct screen. So only this project has the problem. It is likely the required field setting has caused this, but is there any way I can find out which field is the culprit? Please note that we had to refrain from enforcing the required fields in the project because we want to allow the issue to be created from bamboo. So not sure why Clone had the problem with this.

0 votes
Taha Khanzada
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2015

Hi Hung,

There might be possibility that you have added additional mandatory field to project and current issue doesn't have that field. Could you check creating issue and there is no such fields which is preventing this.

Also check your project workflow if it has some validator on it on create issue transition.

Are you able to clone any issue other that current project? or are you able to clone any issues on any project?

Taha

Suggest an answer