Clone Dashboard and all filters

Konrad Dichtl January 28, 2013

Hi,

is it possible to Clone or reuse an existing dashboard and the project filters in a new project? The dashboard and the filters should be idendical, except that the new project should be filtered. So can I clone dashboards and filters and automatically replace the project in the filter query? Or is it possible to set a variable in the filter, so that they will be usable in multiple projects (someting like currentuser->currentproject)?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Konrad Dichtl

3 answers

0 votes
Hieu Le Trung October 25, 2013

You can use the Script Runner, Copy Project, it has a feature to copy filter/dashboard.

lececere July 25, 2019

Script Runner's copy dashboard isn't working for us. All of the filters copy over OK when I copy a project, but I still have to manually copy the dashboards and update the filters individually. 

Are others finding that they can use Script Runner to copy dashboards and update filters?

Kelson Sakzenian October 27, 2020

yes we are facing the same issue.

0 votes
Chris Moran August 19, 2013

I have a similar requirement. I've created a generic dashboard and a set of standard filters which use currentProject() in the JQL, but ideally I'd like to be able to return the value of 'currentProject()' into the name of the dashboard or the filter.

Essentially, I'd like to create a dashboard with the Title something like "Dashboard for Project %%CURRENTPROJECT%%"

and have a standard dash and filters which can be re-used with project context. It seems to be very inefficient to have to duplicate filters and dashboards time and time again and change the JQL simply to be able to distinguish one project metrics from another.

0 votes
AGBrown March 2, 2013

I would like to know the same - essentially can we create a "standard" set of dashboards, and then set a global project filter that applies to the dashboard as a whole. That way we can get a standardised view of each project without having to duplicate, and manage, lots of filters that are all identical but for their project clause.

The "currentproject" function would be a way to do it, if that were possible.

Suggest an answer