Client's usernames in search/comments.

QuiverNAY February 17, 2016

Hi there,

We use JIRA v6.4.4 with JIRA Service Desk v2.5.9 and I have couple of issues/questions about usability:

First: Client name in service desk does not appear after typing "[~" in comments (only our staff members appear), so I need to write full username. Probably I have to use different macros?

Second: where I can search usernames based on emails for example?

Third: Is it possible to use client's user details ("Company" for example) in search filter? I mean use something like "reporter.Company = Seamless " instead of list of reporters (like "reporter in (user1, ... userN)")

Thanks,

Andrey

1 answer

0 votes
James Deleon February 18, 2016

First: Unfortunately this is not currently implemented in Service Desk. There is a current Issue opened for this that you can vote up, and it is possible Atlassian will implement this in the future. The issue is here: https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/JSD/issues/JSD-1476

Second: If you click the Gear in the top right of JIRA and then go to User Management, you will see a field at the top that lets you search by e-mail, username, or full name. This will pull up any user that has a matching e-mail address.

Third: If you have the client's in different Groups (within JIRA you can see these under User Management -> Groups) then you can use the following JQL to search for issues by them: 

reporter in (membersOf(GROUP-NAME-HERE))
QuiverNAY February 22, 2016

Hi @James Deleon,

Thanks for answers.

About second: As I understand I have to get User management permission. So if I am not an admin, then I unable find any customer...
Am I right?

Thanks,

Andrey

James Deleon February 23, 2016

Hi @Andrey Nekrash,

That is correct. There is no permission just for viewing all of the users, so you will need 'JIRA Administrators' permission.

Suggest an answer