Client's usernames in search/comments.

Hi there,

We use JIRA v6.4.4 with JIRA Service Desk v2.5.9 and I have couple of issues/questions about usability:

First: Client name in service desk does not appear after typing "[~" in comments (only our staff members appear), so I need to write full username. Probably I have to use different macros?

Second: where I can search usernames based on emails for example?

Third: Is it possible to use client's user details ("Company" for example) in search filter? I mean use something like "reporter.Company = Seamless " instead of list of reporters (like "reporter in (user1, ... userN)")

Thanks,

Andrey

1 answer

First: Unfortunately this is not currently implemented in Service Desk. There is a current Issue opened for this that you can vote up, and it is possible Atlassian will implement this in the future. The issue is here: https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/JSD/issues/JSD-1476

Second: If you click the Gear in the top right of JIRA and then go to User Management, you will see a field at the top that lets you search by e-mail, username, or full name. This will pull up any user that has a matching e-mail address.

Third: If you have the client's in different Groups (within JIRA you can see these under User Management -> Groups) then you can use the following JQL to search for issues by them: 

reporter in (membersOf(GROUP-NAME-HERE))

Hi @James Deleon,

Thanks for answers.

About second: As I understand I have to get User management permission. So if I am not an admin, then I unable find any customer...
Am I right?

Thanks,

Andrey

Hi @Andrey Nekrash,

That is correct. There is no permission just for viewing all of the users, so you will need 'JIRA Administrators' permission.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in Jira

How to set up an incident workflow from the VP of Engineering at Sentry

Hey Atlassian community, I help lead engineering at Sentry, an open-source error-tracking and monitoring tool that integrates with Jira. We started using Jira Software Cloud internally last year, a...

1,083 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you