Clicking on the number next to View Watchers (x) do not show dialog after updating jira server

Aleksey Dzyapko June 27, 2017

After updating jira server from v7.1.9 to v7.3.7 stopped showing dialog on clicking on the number next to View Watchers (x).
Browser console doesn't show any errors as well as server logs.
Workaround: Right click the (x) and open in a new tab - works pretty good, but seems it's not what Atlassian developers designed. 

The similar issue was mentioned here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-questions/Clicking-on-the-number-next-to-View-Watchers-x-hangs-if-one-of/qaq-p/41829

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 27, 2017

Hi Aleksey,

In the bug ticket that was linked there was a specific condition which was the user was an LDAP user AND had a custom avatar.  Does your user meet those conditions?  If so we may be looking at a regression, however, I have not seen that reported recently and there aren't any recent bug tickets for that either.

In order to determine what could be happening I would reproduce the issue and generate a HAR file.  This will provide more information about the web traffic and provide more clues as to what is going on.

If you do believe this to be a regression please contact the Support team so they can verify and put in a new bug ticket.

Cheers,

Branden

Aleksey Dzyapko June 29, 2017

Hello, Branden. We use crowd for managing users and groups, and actually, none of them don't have custom avatar (even we don't allow gravatars for our users)
Looks like I've already managed this issue. The problem was with custom watchers field which we use by default.
Thanks for your effort and quick reply.

Suggest an answer