Clicking on the 'X' does not remove me from the watchers list

Shadi January 20, 2014

I can add myself to the Watchers list on a ticket by clicking the + on the watchers. however when i try and remove myself from the ticket by clicking on the x nothing happens. to remove myself from the watchers list i have to click on the number of watchers and then click on the delete icon to the right of my name. i have tried different browsers and the same result. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

3 answers

0 votes
Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2014

Open a support ticket, it's a bug. Still present on 6.2.3

0 votes
Aron Aizenstat January 23, 2014

Make sure the following is set correctly:

Mandatory project permissions

JIRA incorporates the following project permissions to govern who may view/edit the voter and watcher lists:

• View Voters and Watchers — permits a user to view both the voter and watcher lists
  • Manage Watcher List — permits a user to view/edit the watcher list.

These project permissions are granted by your JIRA administrator, through a Permission Scheme.

Shadi January 23, 2014

Hi Aron,

I am the JIRA admin. the users have the proper permissions because they can click on the list of watchers and delete themselves by clicking on the trash can next to their name. its when they click on the watchers that it doesnt remove them.

Thanks

0 votes
Robert Leitch [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2014

Hi Shadi, what screen are you doing this on and what version of JIRA are you using?

Looking at v. 6.1.3 I see different behaviour with watchers on the issue page and in the detail view on the search page.

In both places though I get consistent behaviour with a text link saying 'Start watching this issue' that changes to 'Stop watching this issue' after I click it, do you see the same?

I don't remember seeing a + anywhere that would add me to watchers, where did you find it?

Shadi January 23, 2014

Hi Robert,

I am using JIRA version 5.1 and this is on the view issue screen.

When you hover over the Watching text a pop up "Stop watching this issue" comes up and a little red x appears. when you click the x it is supposed to remove you as a watcher. it works to add you as a watcher but when i click to remove myself as a watcher it flickers and nothing happens.

Suggest an answer