Click "Assign to Me" on creating a new ticket assigns to "JIRA Admin"

Jirong Hu August 31, 2015

I found another problem. On Create panel, selecting the Assign to Me should put me as Assignee after creation but it leaves it as JIRA Admin.

How to fix this?

Thanks

3 answers

0 votes

Hello Jirong,

please verify if you have a postfunction on create issue.

In the workflow settings page click on step name (OPEN), then up on the right you will see  Create. Click there and verify if there is a postfunction related to  assign users.

FireShot Screen Capture #160 - 'View Workflow Step - Open - JIRA CE7 TEST instance 2' - 192_168_28_181_8070_secure_admin_workflows_ViewWorkflowStep_jspa_atl_token=BOG0-76LW-74RK-2M43Ia19b65d79465dd9150082fb09f59e3f9.png

Thanks,

Sergio

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2015

See the previous answer starting with the screenshot with OSI at the top of it.

You said on begin work. I said on Create. It's different!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2015

But the conversation identifies begin work as being the problem, not create.

Why do you say that begin work is the problem? It's only a common transition. I understand from the OP that the problem is: "found another problem. On Create panel, selecting the Assign to Me should put me as Assignee after creation but it leaves it as JIRA Admin."

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2015

Please read the conversation above - it clearly says "I only found this on Begin Work."

Maybe because the create transition is hard to find, it is not in the list of workflow steps

0 votes

OSI.PNG

Alok Singh August 31, 2015

Do you have a postfunction where you are assigning issues to jira admin on the creation of issues.

Jirong Hu September 1, 2015

I only found this on Begin Work.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2015

That suggests Alok is correct - you have a postfunction on "begin work" that sets it.

See the image, which postfunction sets it?

All Conditions (0) Validators (0) Post Functions (5) Add a new post function to the unconditional result of the transition. Set issue status to the linked status of the destination workflow step. — THEN Add a comment to an issue if one is entered during a transition. — THEN Update change history for an issue and store the issue in the database. — THEN Re-index an issue to keep indexes in sync with the database. — THEN Fire a Generic Event event that can be processed by the listeners. Edit

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2015

Ok, it's not a post-function. Do you have any listeners in use?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 31, 2015

Log in as yourself when you are clicking "assign to me" rather than the admin.  Make sure your account has "can be assigned issues" permission too.

I am login as myself, we do have a user called "jiraadmin" who's name is "JIRA Admin". I have users reporting the same issue and they don't have admin rights. And I only have this issue for a particular project in our test environment. Is there any configuration can make that always automatically assign to "JIRA Admin" happen?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 31, 2015

Yes, the project is configured to set the assignee to a default assignee who happens to be the admin. Assign to me should still work, assuming the users have the "can be assigned" permission (it shouldn't offer the option if they don't)

The project's Default Assignee is set to "Project Lead". I can't find the "can be assigned" permission, we are still at v5.2.4. The permission is attached.

assign.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 31, 2015

Look in the permission scheme for the permission. Sounds like the project has admin set as the lead

security.PNG

I can't find anything wrong. please see attached images.

It only happens during the create a new issue, when I click the Assign to Me, my name appears in the field, but after the create, when I view the issue, it's with "JIRA Admin".Then if I edit the same issue, the Assign to Me works, and will assign to myself.

Suggest an answer