Clearing an Issue's Priority

William McGuinness November 27, 2012

Is it possible to clear an issue priority?

We have a project where we don't use priorities, and somebody accidentally added the priority field to the screen. Now we have a bunch of issues running around with priorites, when there shouldn't be any.

I've tried removing "Priority" from the related issues' screen, but the priority still remains set on these issues, and I don't see any way to set the priority to blank or null. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Will

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2012

Hi Will,

Since you would like to disable the Priority field for a project, then perhaps you may try to create a new Field Configurations that can be assigned to the project, and set the Priority field to "Hide".

If you hide the Priority field in the field configuration, then I believe that the field won't be appearing anywhere throughout all screen mapped to the project. More details on this is outlined in the following documentation:
- Specifying Field Behavior

I hope that the info above helps.

Cheers.

William McGuinness November 28, 2012

Thanks, Ahmad! This worked like a charm! It removed priority for these issues from all screens, filters, etc.

Suggest an answer