Clear votes on an issue

Steve Van Der Weide April 26, 2017

I'm designing a workflow in which a user makes a request, and depending on the category of said request a group of users are notified of the request and prompted to vote for it (essentially approving the request) or execute a 'Deny Request' transition. The 'Approve Request' transition ONLY appears when the number of votes on the issue is equal to the number of users in the group whose approval is required.

If a user denies the request, the inital requester is prompted to fix the request and re-submit for approval. Below is a picture of my workflow. 

Untitled.png

The problem is that if someone votes for a request, their vote remains even if someone else denies the request and it's re-submitted with changes. 

I created a post function to execute on 'Re-submit request' transitions, intended to remove a vote from each user in the 'Needs approval from' group. Here's what I've got so far. 

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
def groupManager = ComponentAccessor.getGroupManager()
def voteManager = ComponentAccessor.getVoteManager()
def customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()

def cf = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName('Needs approval from')
def groupName = cf.getValue(issue)
int groupSize = groupManager.getUsersInGroupCount(groupName)
def groupUsers = groupManager.getUsersInGroup(groupName) 

int i
for (i = 0; i < groupSize; i++) {
    voteManager.removeVote(groupUsers[i], issue)
}

First of all, is this possible? An older, similar question on this forum received answers suggesting it was not possible without doing something in Confluence, but that was back in 2014. 

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2017

Steve,

I do not believe that it is possible at this time.  There is a JIRA feature request here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-37616 that addresses it but has hardly any votes.  It has also been out there since 2014 so I doubt you will be able to do it anytime soon.  You could see if there is a custom field or plugin that would provide this functionality in the marketplace.

Hope this helps.
Brant

Suggest an answer