Clear "Description" Auto-Fill Text on Selection of a Different Issue Type

Fabio Rodrigues July 20, 2017

We have a template to auto-fill the "Description" field when the issue type being created is a "Bug". It is working as expected, when we click "Create" to create a new ticket and select "Bug" as the issue type, the text loads in the description field.

However, if the last issue created was a "Bug" and I want to create a different issue type, when I click "Create" to create the new ticket it will pre-load the "Issue Type" field as "Bug" because this was the last issue type created, and then even selecting another issue type in the menu ("Task" for example), it won't automatically clear the "Description" field.

Is there a way to clear the "Description" field on selection of a different issue type? I'm not using behaviors, my changes are all in the description-edit.vm file.

1 answer

0 votes
Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2017

Fabio - have you ever tried Power Scripts for JIRA? You can work with the Live Fields functions there to easily set fields in JIRA instead of doing things which might be lost during your next JIRA update...

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.keplerrominfo.jira.plugins.jjupin/server/overview

Cheers

Christoph

Suggest an answer