Clear filters of the search

MPal Pal May 28, 2012

Hi folks,

When I search something in my dashboard, even if I do not give any filters (where, what, when, who), I still get a lengthy URL by adding the following filter criteria to the end of the URL

+&where=conf_all&type=&lastModified=&contributor=&contributorUsername=

When I click the "Clear Filter" link, that part gets removed from the URL. Is there a way to not have filter criteria added to the search URL when I am not specifying any filters please?

Thank you

5 answers

0 votes
MPal Pal May 28, 2012

Well the problem is when i search, the content is not appearing according to "last modified date" either. I am not sure how confluence lists the search results.

My question is, why does confluence add filter criteria to the search URL when no criteria is given?

Thanks for all who replied

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2012

It lists the results weighted by the order I gave on the link in a previous comment.

As for the criteria it puts in the url, technically, you have given it criteria. Of "match anything in this field". Not that it really matters - good code will capture urls without a full list of criteria, but it's nicer to explicitly tell the target "user has definitely put nothing in there". (That's just my opinion, I have no idea if it's good practice). I'm mildly curious as to why you ask too

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2012

Ah, yes, you've run into Atlassian's approach to searching. The search in Confluence is weighted towards personal spaces and recent updates - useful for some installations, and utterly broken for others. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Ranking+of+Search+Results for that.

I'm also not entirely sure I understand the original question - what's wrong with an empty link?

0 votes
MPal Pal May 28, 2012

Also the most recent content doesn't seem to appear first in the confluence search :(

0 votes
MPal Pal May 28, 2012

Hi Thomas,

For example, please check this link:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/dosearchsite.action?queryString=dashboard&where=conf_all&type=&lastModified=&contributor=&contributorUsername=

I searched the confluence dashboard with no filter criteria given. I just don't want the lengthy URL with null filter criteria. Any idea how to remove this please?

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 28, 2012

Jira ? Confluence ? Other Application ? You should ask more precise or enter a label for the application.

Suggest an answer