Clear close tasks from board

Lane Stevens July 31, 2013

It was my understanding that issues would be cleared from the done column when the issue has been released. That isn't the behavior I am seeing. How do I clear issues from a board?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

OK - the disconnect here is that the release wasn't marked as released. I had thought that if the release was showing a release date that it was released.... Problem solved. Question answered.

We don't use Bamboo, so I followed the steps here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Versions#ManagingVersions-Releasingaversion

0 votes
TL March 25, 2015

Objective:

• On my team's Kanban board, filter out completed tasks that are also released - so they do not show up in the done column.

Here is the "work sub-filter" I am using: 

• status != Done AND status != closed and status != finished and fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() or fixVersion is EMPTY

This works as follows: 

• I would like to filter out any tasks that are DONE/CLOSED/FINISHED and also RELEASED (so not just done/closed/finished)
  • Because my team does weekly releases, we wanted issues that are DONE/CLOSED/FINISHED but not released to show up
  • Because I have a lot of "open work" statuses it was easier to filter by "!=" which is "does not equal"
  • Because I have work that has a fixversion but is not released, I wanted that work to show up

In regular English my filters says:

• Show me issues whose status DOES NOT EQUAL DONE and DOES NOT EQUAL CLOSED and DOES NOT EQUAL FINISHED and have a fixversion that is not yet released or a fixversion that is empty.

Results:

• Issues that are completed AND released do not show up in the done column of my team's Kanban board.

0 votes
Remigiusz Jackowski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2013

Issues that I have assigned to a version and have released are still on the board. This is the problem that I need to solve. Per the answer to the other question, assigning the issue to a version and releasing that version should cause the issues to be cleared from the board, but that is not what we've experienced.

Remigiusz Jackowski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2013

Work Kanban shows only issues that are JQL:"fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY". Have you assigned their fixVersion (not Affects Version) and that version was released?

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2013

You might need to add that into your JQL filter (fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() or fixVersion is EMPTY), because if you're using a JQL query that doesn't specify, they will be showing up on your board.

By the way, thank you for taking the time to respond.

Suggest an answer