Cleaning up project/issue nomenclature in Portfolio or in JIRA?

Jason Alcedo May 22, 2017

Hi, I am tasked with bringing my company's instance of portfolio online and would be grateful for some input/advice. FYI, we are using Kanban methodlogy.

The current JIRA instance has a variety of projects, issues and epics that are not structured in a definative way. I've identified 3 big issues that need to be taken care of.

First, there are a variety of projects that should really be grouped as one project and subdivided with various project components. 

Second, we have WAY too many epics (some of which are redundant or should be reclassified as stories). The epics will have to be consolidated, and stories reassigned.

Third, many issues are not associated to anything other than a project. There is no classification such as project-classification, epic-link or labels. 

My intended approach is to fix the issue nomenclature/hierarchy in JIRA and then link a board to Portfolio. Is this the only way? Or would I be able to fix alter issue nomenclature/hierarchy directly from Portfolio?

1 answer

0 votes
Jason Alcedo May 22, 2017

Commenting on my own post because I figured it out!

Yes, there is a way to make the changes in Portfolio and to update the issue linkages in JIRA via Portfolio...incase anyone else had this question... ;D

Suggest an answer