Clean up Jira users

Laurence Escalante September 3, 2014

Hi, I have a lot (~200) users in JIRA that worked on my project at some stage. Right now, only 32 are left and I would like to remove all the others. They still have old tickets assigned or are mentioned in comments. Removing all that manually is no option as it just takes too long. Is there a way to get rid of all those old users?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2014

Hey Laurence,

Is not possible to remove users in JIRA Cloud if they left comments in a issue or if they have any issues assgned to then.

What you can do is to raise a case to Cloud support team and ask then to move all the coments of those users to a existing user.

After that, if those user do not have any issues assgned to then you can manually remove those trough the UI. Since you are in JIRA Cloud I'm afraid the above is your only option.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards,
David|Confluence Support Engineer
0 votes
Simon Kegel //SEIBERT/MEDIA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2014

Hey there,

I would recommend you not to delete them all and just make them inactive users to track who was working in which task - except active issues there should be an active assignee.

For that you could write a script with the context:
erase every group from users which are not logged in for X days (propably 90days or something).

Hope this can help you.

Greets
Simon

Suggest an answer