Classic Board Showing Inaccurate Data

Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2012

I was looking at our classic planning board, and I noticed that it wasn't summing up Time Spent properly when I grouped by Version. In other views such as Component, it summed Time Spent just fine. And for other projects grouped by Version, it summed up fine as well. When we upgraded Greenhopper this morning, it crashed JIRA. After the restart, everything seemed to be fine, but I'm inclined to think that this weirdness was caused by the upgrade and subsequent crash.

How can I refresh the data that's displayed on the board? Short of that, have any leads? Or methods to troubleshoot this issue?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
vkharisma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2012

I must say this is an expected behavior too. While the Time Spent must be logged during the sprint interval, the Time Estimate must be logged before the sprint start date. The time estimate created after the sprint start date is not part of the original estimation thus will not contribute in the sprint box/burndown chart.

Hope this answer your question, Taneer.

0 votes
vkharisma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2012

Hi Tanner,

From the screenshot, I can see that most of your sprints doesn't have the Start Date value. For your information, the time logged outside of the period of the sprint is not counted in the time spent calculation. More information on this can be found from this article:

How Hour Burndown Charts Relate to Time Tracking in JIRA

Hope this helps.

Vicky

Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2012

Genius. This fixed my problem, but it also created another that seems related. I read through the link, but I couldn't find my answer. Your answer states that Time Spent is a summation of all work logged from fixversion start date to fixversion end date. by that definition, i expected Time Estimate to a summation of all original estimates logged from fixversion start date to fixversion end date. However, you'll see from the screenshots that the estimates for 1st Playable go down as I push the start date further into the past. Could you help me understand what I'm looking at, Vicky?

0 votes
Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2012

another interesting fact: logging time to an item now will change to the time spent to a value equal to this logged time, but none of the previous entries are being summed and included in the Time Spent summation.

Suggest an answer