Clarity on JIRA ServiceDesk Role Management

Jagannath Gowda April 18, 2017

Hi,

I have a question, our project used by multiple regions/state in a country, one region data/issues should not be visiable to other region Users. How can JiRA Service Desk handles this problem.?. If not possiable what is the alternative option,?

and one more Please provide information can we create sub projects under one global project. if not what is the alternative option,?

Regards,

Jagannath

1 answer

0 votes
josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2017

Hi,

I think I have faced a similar question. Let me paraphrase using JIRA terms so I'm sure.

For customers, each region has a different set of request types they are able to submit. 

For agents, it would be ideal to have all agents only looking at one project because of queues, SLAs, etc. all being in one place.

In this situation however, I think that the only effective way would be to have multiple projects. Using roles, you can decide which users have access to which portal (use groups). This is inconvient for the agents, but it's the only way I know to separate different sets of request types to different users.

Suggest an answer