Clarifications regarding EazyBI

Prameesha Samarakoon July 16, 2013

Hi,

I'm using EazyBI with JIRA database and projects, I have a few questions that need to be solved

- How can I know the properties for each dimension

- How can I know the field name, table name of the database that is mapped for each dimension/property

- Is it possible to use more than one source for a single report

- How can I specify the hierachy for each dimension

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanx.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Raimonds Simanovskis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2013

- If you expand Measures / Calculated members then in "Issue properties" and "Other properties" groups you will see all calculated measures that get available properties for Issue dimension and other dimensions

- All standard eazyBI dimensions use the names as standard JIRA fields, custom dimensions and properties use the same name as corresponding JIRA custom fields. eazyBI does not access JIRA database tables directly - it uses JIRA API to retrieve issues and then stores imported data in eazyBI database which is optimized for reporting needs.

- In single report you can use just one Issues cube in one eazyBI account. If you want to compare different JIRA projects then you need to import them in the same eazyBI account.

- In each dimension there are just standard predefined hierarchies - if you expand dimension and expand "All hierarchy level members" then you can see which hierarchy levels are available.

If you need help with creation of some specific reports then please contact eazyBI support.

Prameesha Samarakoon July 17, 2013

So assuming that I have Issue Dimension in rows and Measure dimension in columns, if I want to have the Key and some custom properties of JIRA called severity Level , SSIR , TBDIR related to a issue how could I access them, or write a calculated member for that? How can I know the property name of it for me to access that through the Properties method?

Raimonds Simanovskis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2013

For all available JIRA standard fields there are already corresponding calculated measures defined and if you will import additional custom fields as properties then corresponding calculated measure will be defined for it as well.

See example detailed issues report with couple standard property fields and couple custom fields selected.

Nicole Gosling December 13, 2021

Raimonds, 

In regards to your statement "eazyBI does not access JIRA database tables directly - it uses JIRA API to retrieve issues and then stores imported data in eazyBI database which is optimized for reporting needs."  Is the imported data stored in dwh... tables? 

The reason  I am asking is I consistently get errors related to dwh tables when I click on 'Analyze' in eazyBI (e.g. Invalid object name 'dwh_13.jira_issues_measures'.) and I can't figure out why.  Also, our data analytics team is temporarily pulling data from these tables rather than a direct hit to the Jira production tables to do PowerBI reporting.  We do expect to have a data warehouse up in running in the near future.

I am new to the Jira Admin role, so forgive me if there are very basic questions.  I was unable to find a support article to answer these questions.

Thanks,

Nicole

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2021

Hi @Nicole Gosling

I am Lauma from eazyBI support, a colleague of Raimonds.

Yes, eazyBI stores data in a separate database with dwh tables. See more https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/getting-started/data-model.

For eazyBI to operate smoothly, we do not suggest writing or reading anything from these databases and tables - the eazyBI app should do this all. However, if you are interested in pulling data from eazyBI, I suggest using report result export API: https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/set-up-and-administer/customization/report-results-export-api.

If you experience any particular problems with eazyBI, please send more details, including log files, to support@eazybi.com.

Lauma / support@eazybi.com

Nicole Gosling December 16, 2021

@Lauma Cīrule Thanks so much for your response.  I will forward your recommendation to our Analytics team re: using eazyBI tables for PowerBI reporting.

Have a great day!

Nicole

Suggest an answer