Choose a tab to be visible on a screen when a user encounters it in the workflow

paul vinter September 4, 2013

Hi there,

First question here - I have searched to see if this was previously asked with no result.

Is it possible to make a screen open on a specific tab when the user encounters it during the workflow? Example, let's say I have a screen with 4 tabs (A, B, C and D). As a user I am a few transitions down in the workflow and as such the relevant information for me to enter is only on the C tab - is it possible that when I open the issue that tab is already visible to me so I do not have to click on it to enter the fields therein?

I hope that is clear.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2013

try something like this using JavaScript

var tab1      = AJS.$("a[href='#tab1']").closest("li");
var tab2      = AJS.$("a[href='#tab2']").closest("li");
var tab3      = AJS.$("a[href='#tab3']").closest("li");
var tab4      = AJS.$("a[href='#tab4']").closest("li");
tab1.hide();
tab2.hide();
tab3.hide();
tab4.hide();
showTab(3);

function showTab(tabId)
{          
   for(i = 1; i <= 4; i++)
   {
       var tableObject = document.getElementById('tab' + i);               
       if(tableObject)
       {
          if (i == tabId)
          {
             tableObject.style.display = 'table';
          }
          else
          {
             tableObject.style.display = 'none';
          }
       }
   }
}

check this also

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/193814/how-to-show-hide-tabs-in-a-transition-screen-with-multiple-tabs

0 votes

Thank you both. Apologies for not spotting that previous post beforehand.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2013

You can't do this out of the box. Maybe you can do some javascript hacks. Have a field which is visible only on that workflow transition and add some script in its description to select the tab on load. or something similar!

0 votes

Thanks for the information.

I guess my alternative for, let's say, a screen with 6 tabs (each related to a transition in the workflow) would be to have 6 different transition screens, each with a limited number of fields, with the final screen highlighting all the fields. This would allow each different user to only be concerned wtih their own information.

Suggest an answer