Chnage the comments' author

fobrutsky December 15, 2022

Hi! I'm trying to dinaically change the comments' author in a project in order to, in certain way, to anonymize it. 

I added a listener to the Issue Comment event with the following ScriptRunners code: 

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.comments.CommentImpl
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.*
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.*
import com.atlassian.jira.bc.project.component.*

log.warn(event.comment.getAuthor());

CommentImpl a = (CommentImpl) event.comment;
    a.setAuthor(ComponentAccessor.getUserManager().getUserByName("jdoe"));

log.warn(event.comment.getAuthor());

ComponentAccessor.commentManager.update(event.comment, false);

I can see in the logs of the event the name of the original author and then , "John Doe" data. 

But finally the author doesn't change. I think it's not enough with the last line of code ... or jira is running something after the execution of my listener.

Any ideas will be apreciated ! 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2022

Hi @fobrutsky 

Last time I face this use case I end up creating a new comment by copying the current comment then deleting the old one. Pretty sure I did not manage to make the update function worked.

So something like that:

new comment = commentManager.create(comment.getIssue, YOURNEWUSER, comment.getBody(), comment.getCreated())

commentManager.delete(comment)

You need to select the create function that worked for you.

https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/8.0.0/index.html?com/atlassian/jira/issue/comments/CommentManager.html

Regards

fobrutsky December 15, 2022

Certainly the update function should  work :) but it don't. So, good idea!. Will do the way you suggest. Thanks!

Suggest an answer