Checkboxes

James Wong August 12, 2013

Hi guys, is it possible to have checkboxes inside issue descriptions? Am just looking for a solution to help the assignee go through his checklist, the checkbox won't need to perform any query/ callback. Just simple onclick check and onclick uncheck.

Task clean the dishes

• ☑ Remember to clean the bottom.
  • ☐ Washed it?
  • ☐ Check if clean.
  • ☐ Mark as done.

Thanks people!

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 4, 2013

Hi James,

You might want to take a look at this add-on:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.okapya.jira.checklist

James Wong September 22, 2013

Nice addon, a slight overkill for what am trying to achieve. But does the job. Thanks.

0 votes
Deleted user August 12, 2013

Hey James,

you can add a popup when moving the issue to another state (transition).

Example:

Developer A wants to move Ticket B to Developer C for code review.

Once he tries to move the ticket in to this state, a popup is displayed. You can configure this popup with checkboxes as you mentioned. If this checkboxes are not "ticked" the transition is blocked. This way you make sure that your examples tasks above are read and done.

Hi Huseyin,

I don't think you understood the question. The checkboxes don't need to perform any action/ query/ or callback.

They are just there as a helpful checklist.

No need to perform any verification of the 'check' status of these checkboxes at all. The assignee can opt not to follow the checklist at all.

Thanks!

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2013

i am not sure how to include this on description but i can suggest to do it another way.

i.e create a check box using html tags and append to desctiption(you can hide desctioption if you want) by using javascript and onselect of radio button you can fill description

That's an approach i might consider if there are no off the shelf solution. :) Thanks Rambanam.