Checkbox Scripting

Chris Negus November 9, 2014

Hi, I have created a checkbox field in Jira for which I have a set of values that will need to update different staff when selected. i.e.

Checkbox for 'Jira' is selected = Email comes to me

Checkbox for 'email' is selected = Email goes to someone else or group

I installed script runner for this and have been working all day to get the notifications sent but nothing goes through. Can you help and offer solutions to this issue?

Thanks

6 answers

1 vote
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2014

Is it a problem with email-sending or a problem with getting Script Runner to "catch" relevant field values?

0 votes
Chris Negus November 18, 2014

This is an example of what Im attempting to do. I enter the script in but the text shows up red, which would suggest to me that there is a missing link between the issue type and the condition? Thanks

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2014

No,. that's just the syntax highlighting, which is showing that 'Bug' is a string literal. There is no problem there. There should be a preview button when you can test if the condition evaluated to true or false.

0 votes
Chris Negus November 18, 2014

2014-11-18 11_00_45-Update Workflow Transition Script Post-Function Function - Cambridge University .png

0 votes
Chris Negus November 12, 2014

Hi, Thanks for this. I had found this on another site but I added the values in brackets and they showed up red which I understood to be indicated a missing value?

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2014

I don't really understand what you mean, or rather where you are adding these values, can you post a screenshot?

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 12, 2014

There's lots of different ways of doing this. Let's say you you have done it by creating a notification scheme with different events, where you are specifying the recipient.

Then you would have two Fire event post-functions (or listeners) with different conditions, which would fire the appropriate event. Condition would be defined like:

cfValues['Name of field']?.values.contains("Jira")
Domanin Vladimir Sergeevich December 7, 2016

Jamie, can you tell how take status(checked(true) or unchecked(false)) for this field ?

i'am mean, some like this: 

if (name of field == true) ....

0 votes
Chris Negus November 10, 2014

I know our Jira email is setup correctly so im assuming that the issue is down to incorrect syntax? Thanks

Suggest an answer