Check box field increase to more than 55 options

I created a custom selection field in Jira and I would like to add more than 55 items inside this field. By default, I see that jira limits up to 55 response options. How can I increase?

example.png

2 answers

0 votes

I have a team managed project and this field allows me to select from 55 options. I would like more. Can you help me?

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2022

Hi @Pedro Henrique Barreto Carvalho , you cannot increase this number by my knowledge.

The more important question is WHY?

Hello @Dave Mathijs 

I would like to create a list of applicants, as we generate a BI for those responsible to filter what they need, as they do not have access to Jira. So I would like a way to extract information from different people. Is it possible to do it via Json, JQL or search from an excel spreadsheet?

Any return?

Hi @Dave Mathijs  Do you have other option?

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2022

Well, checkboxes provide one long list. Single or multi-select list allow you to have a single drop-down.

So basically, you're building kind of a crm for your applicants, am I correct?

I have a team managed project and this field allows me to select from 55 options. I would like more. Can you help me?

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2022

No, the number of options cannot be increased.

Cyan Lee November 12, 2022

my use case is to allow ticket creators to select multiple immutable country names (of which there are over 150) , what is the next best option available in jira pls?

Suggest an answer