Chart for open tickets in past

Gavin Watson May 5, 2017

Hello,

I've searched and can see this has been asked a number of times in the past, but no answers.

I am looking to create a chart where I can view the number of open tickets there were over dates in the past.

I can't seem to get the correct data points to do this.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2017

The Created vs Resolved Issues Report is worth a look if you haven't aleady. It's not quite what you are asking for, but might give you enough similar information to show trends if that's what you want this for.

You can do JQL searches to see issue that were open/unresolved during a particular date range as mentioned on this question: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-questions/number-of-open-tickets-on-a-date-in-the-past/qaq-p/417060

For a chart though, as far as I know, I think you'd need to look at the marketplace for add-ons or code your own.

Gavin Watson May 5, 2017

Thank you Sam, I've used the Created vs. Resolved, but it's not what I'm looking for exactly. I've also used JQL searches, but it is giving me incorrect information (I honestly haven't been able to work out how or why).

Would there be an add-on or plugin that you could recommend that might help?

Thanks.

Pascal October 7, 2021

Did your resolve your issue? I am looking for the same (?).

I want to see all tickets with the status "open" for each week.

Week 1: 

50 Tickets with status "open"
I resolve 10 Tickets and 3 more tickets are changed from "open" in the status "In Progress".

Week 2:

37 Tickets with status "open"

Suggest an answer