Chart Board does not load up (Greenhopper)

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2013

Hi All

I am on greenhopper 5.2 and JIRA 4.2.

I have always had problems with Planning board and Chart board loading up. Both boards usually took around a minute to load.

However, since yesterday I am finding that the planning board and chart board does not load at all ( browser keeps trying to load even for 20 minutes). Note: Task board opens fine.

I have checked the logs and there is nothing in there.

I am trying to open the board of a project which has around 3K issues in it and only three active versions.

JIRA on this instance has 1 GB memory.

Can anyone suggest what can be done to resolve this issue?

Rahul

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 27, 2013

Hi Rahul

Can you just try the following steps which clear up all the cache and rebuild all the indexing and bundled plugin files to see whether the problem is still reproducible or not:

1. Shutdown JIRA instance
  2. Delete the contents of<tt>JIRA Installation Directory\work</tt>directory
  3. Delete contents of the<tt>JIRA Home Directory\caches\indexes\changes</tt>directory
  4. Delete contents of the<tt>JIRA Home Directory\caches\indexes\comments</tt>directory
  5. Delete contents of the<tt>JIRA Home Directory\caches\indexes\entities</tt>directory
  6. Delete contents of the<tt>JIRA Home Directory\caches\indexes\issues</tt>directory
  7. Remove the content of the following directory:
    • <JIRA Home Directory>/plugins/.bundled-plugins
    • <JIRA Home Directory>/plugins/.osgi-plugins
  8. Restart JIRA instance.
  9. Perform re-indexing.

Hope it helps!

Cheers :)

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2013

After upgrading to jira5 and allocating more memory to the jira instacne, we have seen significant progress in the loading times for greenhopper boards.

Suggest an answer