Character limitations for templates description field redefinable?

simon semrau May 16, 2013

Hi,
I created an issue and would like use it as a template, so I choose the 'More Actions > Use as template' function.
It seems that there is a character limitation for the descriptiomn field as I get the message:

'The value of field 'Description' is greater than 750 characters in length and will be truncated'

Pls tell me how I could change this character limitation as I need the field to have at least 1400 characters.

Thx

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
simon semrau June 23, 2013

still at bitbucket

0 votes
simon semrau June 6, 2013

Hi,
again I try to answer my own question:

as it seems to be a 3rd party plugin problem I raised this issue with the support at bitbucket.

Thx for the help anyways,

Simon

0 votes
simon semrau May 27, 2013

Hi,
as it seems to be a 3rd party plugin problem I raised this issue with the support at bitbucket.

Simon

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2013

Hey there, Simon.

Good to know that you have raised the issue with BitBucket support. Hopefully they will be able to help you out with it. Good luck!

Warm regards,

Danial

0 votes
simon semrau May 26, 2013

Hi,

Simon

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2013

Hi Simon,

It looks like you are using the "Personal Issue Templates" plugin.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.plugins.personal-issue-templates

You can check by going to "Administration" and selecting "Manage Add-ons" under the Plugins drop down.

There is no documentation available and it is not officially supported. As Ahmad mentioned, you can try creating a support ticket but I am not sure if that will be of any help either.

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2013

Hey there, Simon.

I think there is no standard function in JIRA that allows you to do so (Use as Template function). Can I just double check with you whether you are making use of any third-party plugins that extends the standard functionality of the default issue?

Keep me posted on this.

Warm regards,

Danial

simon semrau May 16, 2013

yes, we use third-party plugins. BUT currently none effective.

simon semrau May 20, 2013

Hi, since we do not effectively use 3rd party plugins here do you have a solution for my problem?

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
May 21, 2013

Hey there again, Simon.

Hmm. That is interesting since you mentioned that you are use third-party plugins. Can you just try to enable the Safe Mode in your instance to see if you are still able to get the Use as Template function?

Else, you can try to raise a support ticket in https://support.atlassian.com/ to see if the support engineers are able to lend a helping hand on this.

Warm regards,

Danial

Suggest an answer