Changing user name in JIRA onDemand?

Thomas November 23, 2013

I invited my team by using the invite function and added the email-addresses.

Unfortunately I forgot to inform the team about name conventions. Now I have a complete mix of user name, some used email address, some the initials or their first name.

Is there a way to change the user names? I guess it s an ID fied for the Atlassian ID too, right?

I can`t remove the users and set them up again because they are already assigned to tasks.

Thx for help,

Thomas

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2013

Renaming is not allowed in onDemand. The workaround suggested is here but that doesn't take care of other things like watchers, usernames used in roles,workflows etc.

Now that 6.1 allows renaming, you might want to raise a ticket with Atlassian and ask for help.

0 votes
Thomas November 29, 2013

Thanks for your answer, Jobin.

Although this is really something you should add to Atlassian should put on the roadmap.
Every users has an Atlassian ID, that should be enough to identify the correct user independent from his user name...

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2013

Only users registered to use Atlassian systems have an Atlassian ID (such as My Atlassian or Support), so the vast majority of OnDemand users do not - these are completely unrelated to OnDemand usernames. Additionally, it's not currently possible to change an Atlassian ID username in any system. We're working on implementing the username changes in OnDemand, but it's not currently available.

Suggest an answer