Changing url for service desk portal?

Nathaniel Erlandson November 7, 2016

I don't really need to set a custom url, but what the portal url is currently set to is 'servicedesk/customer/portal/2' and I want to set it to the main Help Center page at 'servicedesk/customer/portals'. I'm wondering if it shows the 'portal/2' link because I only have one service desk created, but I'm not sure. Right now, a customer would need to select the help center link in the top left if they want to go to the main help center page where they would see their recent request types.

I mainly want this because of an available plugin where I can edit the main help center page's html more freely with access to side bars, allowing us to brand the page a bit better. Also, because we would like the customer to see their recent request types upon first hitting the portal page. Any assistance would be appreciated

3 answers

3 votes
skyjerm November 23, 2016

Jack, 

Does this mean you intend to support a custom URL, e.g., companyname.atlassian.net or helpdesk.companyname.com, to go straight to the portal?  This is what we need to allow CNAME'ing to this portal vs. HTTP redirect, so please add a vote for that feature.

Thanks!

Patrick December 3, 2020

Yes, this is exactly what I need. 

0 votes
Sazid Rahman Khan September 18, 2018

I am having the same issue. Is there a solution?

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2016

Nathaniel,

I have not looked into changing the URL as yet but it is on my to do for various reasons. However, I can confirm that the "/2" is associated with the specific project. I have two projects so have "/2" and "/3" and as you pointed out the URL w/o the "/#' is the Help Center's home page.

Suggest an answer